tales of a twenty something and her furry forever shedding companion
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Bring on the Rain
Why is the rain so relaxing? Especially when you are able (after a long day of work) to sit on your couch look out the windows and watch it fall... i love it. And not have any distractions...just enjoy your thoughts and the raindrops.
Sometimes the destination overshadows the journey. It's easy to measure our worthiness with milestones and goals, but it's the person that we've become that is the greatest reward of all.
A Yankee by birth who grew up on sweet tea, grits, and lasagna. My family moved to the South when I was eight years old. I was immediatly immeresed into a life that would mold any young lady into a steel magnolia .... except I had Beverly from Brooklyn, as my mother.
Refuse to fall down. If you cannot refuse to fall down, refuse to stay down. If you cannot refuse to stay down lift your heart toward heaven and like a hungry beggar, ask that it be filled, and it will be filled. You may be pushed down. You may be kept from rising. But no one can keep you from lifting your heart toward heaven — only you. It is in the middle of misery that so much becomes clear. The one who says nothing good came of this, is not yet listening. - clarissa pinkola estés
"You may say that I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one"
Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it doesn't matter with me now. Because I've been to the mountaintop. And I don't mind. Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we,as a people will get to the promised land. And I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord
No comments:
Post a Comment