Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Greetings Friends!

Okay so whats been new with me ....

Well for starters I had an amazing birthday! The bf planned a SUPRISED birthday - I was floored. Had no idea and now that its a month later I still cant believe it. My older brother from Charleston and his girlfriend even came into town. It was a great evening spent with friends! I couldnt have asked for a better way to turn 24!

Memorial Day weekend the group headed up to Tylersville,PA...which is in the middle of nowhere USA! No cell phones, one bathroom, 14 people, lots of love and wine. We all had a great time. I got to sport my new rainboots from JCREW while I played in the creek.

Last weekend the bf and I decicded to head out of town on weekend getaway. We realized that every time we go out town it always to go visit never just to get away. Soo...for the first time I think ever in 3 years we went on a little vacay. We headed off Saturday morning to Morehead City ... stopped in Atlantic Beach (picked up a great new collar for ms Lucy!)..had lunch in Beaufort at Clawsons and hopped on the ferry to Ocracoke Island! We had never been and it was sooo much fun. As soon as I can figure out how to post some pictures I will be sure to do so. We found a great little place to stay - it had a hammock on the front porch that overlooked the sound. Sunday morning we got up and explored the island. We went to the beach, the lighthouse, grabbed some great food, and rode bikes around the island. Then we headed off to Hatteras for dinner (catching yet another ferrry!) Dinner was wonderful - great seafood. On Monday morning we packed up our stuff and headed back to Hatteras to see the lighthouse! We climbed all 200-something of the steps to the top and view was amazing. After checking out the view it was back to the car to our next stop...Bodie Island. It was the last lighthouse on our list and I must say my favorite.

No comments: