Tuesday, October 20, 2009

NC State Fair

Oh it is my FAVORITE time of the year - time for the North Carolina State Fair! !

Why I love the State Fair
1 - Food. Big fan of anyplace that offers country ham biscuits, french fries, corn on the cob, gyro's, and deep fry pecan pies within a 1/2 mile radius
2 - Animals. Love love love cows, pigs, sheep, and ponies! Jim Graham building - hands down my favorite place. Where else in the big city do you get the opportunity to milk a cow and buy the milk for $.50? No where - thank you NCSU Vet Students
3 - People. Oh the people are classic ... from the kentucky waterfalls and rat tails, to the baby daddy's, to the clearly traveling 3 hrs plus to the state capital is the high light of your social calender and dentists do not live in your county.
4 - Carnies. You are so creepy. Enough said.
5 - Village of Yesteryear. Ah it is here that I am provided with the opportunity to take a cotton and make thread ... or better yet - learn how to make a gun or a broom. You never know when these life skills might need to be used. I am a former brownie and ninja and know the importance of life skills.


2 comments:

Red and White Preppy said...

Ah HA! I knew you were a ninja!

Respond to my e-mail ;)

Maria {From Duffles to Drawers} said...

Katie...I am sooo jealous you went to the NC fair...it is fab for all and more of the reasons you listed! So fun:) Next year I'll hopefully be right there with ya!