Monday, July 26, 2010

First Leg Report - no lovin'

So we have successfully knocked out our first part of the trip. We left Raleigh around 1130 Sunday morning and made it to Nashville around 7ish. Ate dinner at this kick ass diner - Browns Diner. Four dollar mouth watering burgers and a bowl of hush puppies for 1.75. Yes please - despite the fact the place looked like complete hole in the wall/crap - it was delicious. After dinner DP and I drove through Vanderbilt s campus - beautiful campus. We ende our tour if Nashville by walking around downtown on broadway. Wow- we saw two country bands play and they were awesome. We stopped in at Legends and some salon bar. These chicks new how to belt it out.

Now we are on our way towards st Louis. My travel companion wanted to stay at a hostel ... Yah a hostel. Um can say hell no? One I have seen that movie and I would be a prime candidate to be taken away and cut into pieces and two this America there are hotels and these great things called AAA discounts. Bless his applachain trail climbing hiking self - I don't do that. Camping yes but not when the red roof inn awaits you across the street. Lord bless my heart I need a drink.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

hostels are so bad! I stayed in one in Charleston once when I was there for a research project. A lot of them are more like BnBs are in Europe. You're basically staying in someone's house and you might have to share a hall bathroom with another guest. Don't write them off, it can be a cool experience!

When do we get some pictures!?!

Barefoot in the Park said...

do i know this traveling companion?

also: good call on the hostel. i stayed in one in paris and i didnt sleep a wink. i was terrified. well, also it was during the world cup AND a bunch of scottish futball fans were there and they lost and got very drunk and scary. oh and i was 14. needless to say no more hostles. HAVE FUN BE SAFE!