

So I have now been in Boulder since this past Sunday and well it has been wonderful. I feel like I'm visiting an old friend - if that is possible to have that kind of relationship with a town. But honestly I look to my west and there is Sanitas my favorite mountain and further down the Flatirons. It makes me smile every time.
Now as y'all can imagine I survived my trip in Wyoming. There was absolutely no hanky panky with the ex if anything it reconfirmed to me why we did break up. But I have to say how refreshing it was that we are able to be friends and there isn't any of that flirting oh what ifs - it is what it is and well that is that. And to spend four days backpacking in the back country of Wyoming in the bear invested woods ... well there could have been many moments for either one of us to push one off the mountain. But thankfully there was none of that.
Regardless we had a great trip, lots of self reflection time, and I saw two moose! The first time I decided to strip all down and jump into a mountain lake and not 30 mins later a female moose decided to join in. I about died. The hiking was some of the hardest and most challenging I have ever done - but at the same time I was so proud of myself for just sucking it up and doing it. In the four days were out there we covered over 30 miles of trail and I was the only chick we saw out on the trail! It was like this other side of me came out and I just needed to prove that I can do this.

1 comment:
Absolutely gorgeous! I am so jealous of your camping know how. I'd really like to do a hike in/hike out trip, but I'm not where to start even learning what to do. I can rock some campsite with a car camping, but have never attempted the back-packing.
Post a Comment