Sunday, August 1, 2010

How the West Tamed Pav

by TWO speeding tickets.

Yes kids that is right - I managed to get two speeding tickets in one day. BUT being the super fabulous person that I am - I managed to get two tickets in two different states. Let me recap my Wednesday morning adventure ...

Nebraska State Highway
Speed Limit 75
Pav's Speed: 86

High Patrol man goes whoop whoop lights go a flashing ... pulls me over asks me why I was speeding. My response well officer to be perfectly honest - I was singing. The Proclaimers were on the Sirius Radio - I would walk 500 miles and well I was inspired to go 500 miles. He responded - "Would you step out of the car? And why don't you come back and sit in the car with me" DO WHAT?! But what was I suppose to do - so I got out of my car and into his ... um I do not think this is proper cop etiquette. Anyway I got to check out all the cool stuff in cop cars - the computer, the middle console that doubles as a printer. Apparently these computers just got put in eight months ago and well the learning curve was a bit much but most people have the hang of it now. He was also such a gem he dropped my speed to 85 in a 75. Also I informed the officer how last year I drove through Kansas on my way to Colorado but this year I wanted to see Nebraska (so glad I did). His response "I drove through Kansas once not a whole lot in that state to look at." OMG Really because to our very right is a corn field and to the left a dug up field. My response "I KNOW! Oh Nebraska is a gorgeous state and I had no idea but so glad I came through!"

Yah Right.

Wyoming State Highway
Speed Limit: 30
Pav's Speed: 47

Okay let me start by saying the speed limit was 65 and dropped down to 30 because we entered into Bridgewater, Wyoming population 338. Seriously. And I was braking - clearly slowing down and the cop pulled me immediately. It was a chick and I knew I didn't even have a prayer. So I just handed her my license and registration said I was sorry and had her write me a ticket. And did she drop the speed or anything - oh no. BUT guess who got $10 off because I was wearing my seatbelt ?! Oh that's right - thanks Wyoming.

4 comments:

ACH said...

$10 seatbelt discount? Hahaha

Barefoot in the Park said...

OH MAN! that stinks. im surprised they'd be so mean to a tourist...blame it on the economy.

Barefoot in the Park said...

ps: and thanks to you, officers, the pav will NEVER VISIT YOUR STATES AGAIN! take that land of the cornfield.

Victoria said...

It's those out of state plates. You're like a meal ticket to those guys, because they know you aren't going to come back and go to court! You'll just pay it.

The husband got a speeding ticket in Wyoming once...for going like 2 over. It was those VA plates.