Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New Relationships

Okay so I have been wanting to post this for awhile ... however I get a bit scared when it comes to my personal personal life about sharing. I know - what is a blog for if you can't express yourself? Well when you know there are people out there reading it that have no business doing so (hhmm) you tend to hold back on the happenings and whatnot's of your personal life. But tonight I am saying to hell with it - I really could care less anyways and its time to share with my fellow blog friends.


About a month ago I met someone at a Christmas Party... now you know how they say when you least expect it or when you are not looking that is when you will meet someone? Well how true that saying is...thank goodness this was not some tacky sweater party and I was actually dressed up and looking hot. (Thank you JCrew gold polka dot pencil skirt.) Okay so anyways the roomie realized she recognized someone she knew from back in the day but could not remember his name - being several drinks in and having no problem walking up to strangers, I volunteered my sleuth skills ie - walk up to this individual who I've never met and introduce myself - I mean he was tall and really cute so why the heck not. Well after exchanging names we just started chatting and chatting....by the end of the evening he asked for number and I gave it to him - though I doubted I would hear from him. I figured he was just being polite. Well the next evening I get a call to see what I was doing for the evening. We ended up meeting up a local bar where shocker we talked till last call. He then asked if we could dinner and of course I agreed!

We went to dinner and had the best time...I kept thinking during dinner - is this for real? I have this check list in my head of things that make or break a date and well he was getting all checks. Since the first dinner date we have had many others - all which have been great. The Virginian is a complete gentleman - polite (opens up car doors - yah I was shocked as well), thoughtful, intelligent, and funny. Ah yes, he is a good ol boy from Virgina - complete with Robert E Lee hanging in his house and cuff links to boot - his defense, well Bobby was the founding father of his fraternity so I mean he means alot more. (right, right) And to top it off - Ms Lucy is obsessed with him. When he comes over she will sit beside him and talk and talk. It is so funny - I need to upload a video of her.

Okay well I think that is enough when it comes to the true insights of my personal life...

3 comments:

Well I Do Declare said...

Ohhhh! Can't wait to hear more about this :)

Barefoot in the Park said...

what exciting developments! hip hip hooray for new boys!!

Mommy said...

Oh, I miss discussing your personal life at work.