Monday, January 12, 2009

Whoo Wee...

The past week/end have just flown by...and as I sit here typing I am feeling very guilty because I have my first project for Nursing School (due Wednesday) that needs whole lot more attention then my blog does. BUT - I feel so disconnected from y'all - especially since I'm not bringing my computer to class (I thought if I did it would be a big distraction) so I do not check anything (facebook, gmail, blogs) until I get home at night and even then I have to much other stuff - homework, Lucy, etc. to pay attention too. (I think that was the longest run-on sentence ever - I am sorry to all the English majors out there.)

Okay so recap - Nursing School: I AM LOVING IT. I know it is only week 2 but seriously yall I found my passion. I can not wait to get to clinicals (which start in February!) to beging working with patients. On the other side of the honeymoon that I am with nursing school - this is going to be by far one of the hardest things I have done. School is umm a bit demanding and everyone keeps telling me that it is only going to get worse. But you know what? Right now I'm just going to bottle up my emotions and hold onto them for those days when I'm screaming and yelling WHY DID I DO THIS!?!??!

Friday- I babysat for one of the surgeons who works at my old hospital. The children are spawns of satan and I mean that in the nicest way possible. They are truly darlin' but evil.

Saturday - Workout, homework, and engagement party. Barefoot, the Badger, and others put together a fantastic party for a wonderful couple. The food was delicious and the decorations great!

Sunday - I worked at the Stationary store with one of my favorite employees - so work went by super fast. Then I headed off to play DODGE BALL! That's right the Kickball team has turned a new leaf and we are now playing dodge ball. And to be honest - I'm not sure how I feel about balls being hurled at my head. The boys are alot bigger and stronger and it still really hurts when they throw them!

2 comments:

Well I Do Declare said...

Glad to hear everything is going well! See you on Thursday :)

C + O said...

yay! congrats on your first week. and i loved your thoughts about snow and danny. poetic :). xo