Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter


A wee bit late in the posting but you are about to get 2 posts in one so deal with it. Lucy and I went home for Easter on Saturday evening to spend the night with the family.  I was in need of some mommy time - you know how sometimes you just need to be hugged by your mom?  Yeah well that was what I was in need of big time.  Needless to say hugs, home cooked meals, and some wine added up for a fantastic visit.  
On Sunday we went to Easter Service at the church I grew up attending.  It was great seeing people who - literally I have not seen in years.  When we came home from church, the little brother and I colored easter eggs and checked out our baskets that the Easter Bunny had left for us.  Scored some skiddles and reese's peanut butter eggs - so good.  For lunch we feasted on the most delicious ham known to man kind.  It was so good! Along with strawberry and blueberry shortcake for dessert. (Oh and of course we had veggies too...) 

Here are some pictures from Easter Sunday... oh and just so y'all know I did wash this dress before wearing it for the second weekend in a row and just be mindful I was in two different states! 

Here's my mom - she is sporting her Paula Dean apron she bought while visiting Savannah last fall.  I thought the apron was pretty funny. 


Me and the little brother in the backyard... well I guess he isn't really little anymore.


Me and the puppies - Jackson and Lucy.  Is it not crazy how much they look alike? 


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Love the pics - especially the precious pups ;-)

ACH said...

I am a little late in my blog reading this week, but you look just adorable in your Easter dress! I know what you mean about needing a mom-hug sometimes... I'm so glad you were able to go home & get one!