Friday, April 10, 2009

Slow Your Roll

I believe that is going to be my new saying - thank you very much my nursing school buddies.  I just got done having dinner / study group / more wine consumption versus studying / get together.  These girls just crack me up.  I figure its time for an introduction to the ladies who I spend close to 30 plus hours a week with.  Here is our line up - we've got..... 

A - ASU grad, preppy (I knew we would be friends when she showed up the first day of school and was using a Vineyard Vines bag as her book bag.), sarcastic, and does not take crap from anyone.  Loves playing golf - but loves her wine more. 
J - JMU grad who should have gone to UNC and lived in Carrboro...a darling sweet but feisty liberal (you know how they are) and loves living in dirty D (she even owns a tshirt claiming her love for the city). She puts everyone's needs before her own and would do anything to help someone out.  
S - ASU grad who in my eyes is like the mom of the group...she holds us together with her crazy back in the day stories and pearls of wisdom.  She is the fashionista of the New York Runways and that is where we share our love for designer jeans.  She is also a genius - seriously. 
Then there is me ... J tells me every day that I continue to surprise her - she thinks I am hysterical.  I get a kick out of this because I love how hearing people's first impressions of one another.  I think because I tend to judge others especially if they do not look like a similar carbon copy of myself.  Apparently I am not as conservative and preppy as I appear since I have this whole I go hiking up mountains and love running to Grateful Dead and O.A.R. haha. Yes well we are all full of surprises - I love my J.Crew/Vineyard Vines/Lilly just as much as I love my long sleeve Widespread Panic t-shirt or Chacos. 

2 comments:

ACH said...

Aw, I hope I meet such fun gals when I start nursing school! And I'm the same way--J. Crew skirts & Grateful Dead tunes! A healthy balance, I think :)

Barefoot in the Park said...

i heart chacos.

i just had the greatest idea ever.

lets design jack rodgers style tops ... with chacos comfort. oh a crunchy-preppy dream come true!