This weekend was filled with ridiculous events that make up my life at the current moment. On Friday I cruised on over to Summit County - home of Keystone, Breckenridge, and Aprahoe Basin to see my cousin Matty play. He is a rock star - along with his fantastic band.

His band is called Big Richard a 6 piece rock band and AWESOME. I danced to my hippie heart delight. They write some of their own music but also played some covers such as - Widespread Panic (Ophelia), The Who (Teenage Wasteland - which I know that's not the right name but whatever), ACDC (Highway to Hell), and Grateful Dead (Black Star). Ahh - it was fantastic - Moonbeam was in her element kids. Moonbeam is my alter ego by the way for those of you who have never had the pleasure of hanging out in my company for extended periods of time. Okay where was I ... So I found some fantastic guys to dance with some not so fantastic - one thing I realized about these mountain towns is that some of these guys do not get off the mountain very often. In some respects - an untapped resource for the single ladies and in other respects an untapped resource that should not ever be tapped. But regardless free drinks for Pav!
After the show I said goodbye to my men and headed out with the cousin to his pad. Which being that is circa 2:30 in the morning I was unable to appreciate the view until the morning. When I woke up the next morning and went out on the back deck this was my view:
Six peaks can be seen from his back porch - GORGEOUS! After saying my goodbyes I headed back to Boulder. I decided to choose the most scenic route for the trip back which took me through Loveland Pass and Clear Water Canyon.
The top of Loveland Pass - which is somewhere around 11,200 feet in elevation. The picture just does not do it justice - it was just beautiful. And here is one of Clear Creek Canyon.
At one point I just turned the radio off, rolled down the windows, and listened to the creek. It was wonderful.
Saturday evening Megs and I held a small cookout for the new friends that we have met and then took our gathering to the bars. What a fantastic evening - we drank, we danced, we laughed - at one point we were all laughing so had tears were just rolling down my face. Our jaws hurt from laughing so much. Ahh good times.
Sunday I got up nice and late - circa 9:30 - Megs made a fantastic breakfast and we headed off to the Celestial Seasonings Tent Sale. I came out with 18 boxes of tea for $8.10. Yes that is right - $8.10. It was AWESOME. We were headed home when we saw a sign for a Winery Tasting and we both just looked at each and said - "Well I mean if we are in the area?!" So we went to Boulder Creek Winery and had a sampling of their 8 different wines. Great winery - really nice people - and delicious wine!
Sunday evening we headed down to Denver for a group meeting about Lake Powell. Ahh - so this has been an addition to the adventure of Colorado - but I was invited by Megs and her brother to go to Lake Powell in Utah. There will be something like 17 of us on a house boat cruising around Lake Powell. I can not tell y'all how excited I am about this adventure to come!

1 comment:
wow, incredible!
Post a Comment