Thursday, February 19, 2009

God, Its Pav...

I am not sure how many of you are religious but I am in need of some direction. My relationship with God has had its ups and downs. Growing up we were tight. Then came college and well for awhile there I never bothered to say hello and I really felt like my life was missing something..then one day I realized how I really let our relationship go. I allowed another relationship to take priority...so when that one ended I knew I needed to get myself back on track again. For awhile things have been great, but once again I have started slacking and I am struggling to find that connection I had several months ago. I am allowing myself to get pulled down with emotions that should not even exist, rather than focus on one's that pull me up. I need to stop being a bottom dweller and start focusing on all the good around me. So last night I opened up my Bible and started searching for some encouraging verses and well I just can not find the one. You know when you have that moment and you are just like - YES! This is what I was looking for. So I am asking y'all - what words do you find encouragement from and gives you strength?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi Pav :) Wow have I been in your shoes before. I'm not sure if it would work for you, but when I'm in the lows of my relationship with God, I spend a lot of time listening to Christian music. I'm SO touched by the lyrics and melodies and it helps me refocus. If you want, I'll send you a few of my fav songs/artists.

Thinking of you!