Monday, February 23, 2009

Trees and Exercise

I have no desire to focus on studying for my Dosage Exam - math and conversions make my brain spin round and round - I figured I would post instead.

So it has come to my attention I have some issues with trees and exercise. I love working, exercising, etc outside - especially love biking, running, horseback riding, etc. on trails. Now as most of you know trails typically have trees and lots of them. About two years ago I was biking on one of the many trails around the area - it was a fabulous warm afternoon for early spring. I had just gotten back into town and needed to do something. I hopped onto the bike and took off - thinking I was just like Lance Armstrong. Needless to say my foot came off the peddle, my balance went way off, and I crashed into a tree. Awesome. Real talent on this end. I ended up breaking my elbow and wrist - super awesome. My boyfriend at the time was just simply in aw of what I had managed to do to myself. One moment on the path - the next in the woods.
After my biking disaster it of course was the joke to not let me anywhere near a bike again. Well apparently biking is not my problem as I found out early Saturday morning.
Saturday morning I decided to get up with Ms Goose and go for a 3 plus mile run at the lake. It is a new trail we started running just a week ago. Well Saturday morning circa 7:30 am it was a bit chilly and I had a baseball cap on plus my ear warmers over the top. Just call me hottness. Okay so I had just finished the first mile and started to settle into a nice pace. I saw the base of a tree to the left of me but did not see any of the trunk past my upper thigh and BAM! My shoulder slammed into the tree. I did not know what end of the world was up and what was down I was in such shock. Since I was wearing my baseball cap my peripheral vision was a bit limited. Needless to say I felt like a huge dork - looked around to make sure no one saw me - checked to make sure my shoulder was okay and I took off to finish my run. Unfortunately my run was not as successful as I had hoped since my shoulder was throbbing. My time was terrible. By the time I got home the whole thing is black and blue. I must say it is a pretty awesome looking bruise. One of those that when you show people they wince and look all gross out. When I informed my roomie of what I had done to myself she told me I was not allowed outside without supervision. Super.

3 comments:

Kyla @ The Simpsons said...

Ha. poor you and those stinkin' trees!!!

hope your shoulder gets to feeling better!`

Well I Do Declare said...

I am sorry, and I hate to laugh, but this seriously had me cracking up! Hope your shoulder feels better. We need a Goat date soon!

Vicki T said...

yay! sounds like your friday night study sessions are paying off! congrats on your great exam grade!