Sunday, February 8, 2009

Eating and What Nots

I had a great weekend filled with laughs and food! It started on Thursday when the Virginian took me out on a date. I had not been out of the house for a social evening in well over a week since Nursing School has taken over my life. I was in much need of getting out of my house and enjoying a tasty beer.



We went to Tobacco Road, a new restaurant that opened up at the beginning of this year. Let me tell y'all why I am in love with this place. One - no smoking allowed - anywhere. Two - delicious beers on tap. Three - YUMMY food. What did I order? The mac and cheese. Now I do not - repeat do not ever - order something like mac and cheese from a restaurant. Just not my thing - BUT - I was told it was super fantastic and oh my goodness my mouth is drooling just thinking about it. I recommend this yummy classic home cookin' dish as a must must try.


Friday I worked all day at the Stationery store - I was only blinded by one woman's gigantic diamond ring. Seriously - I do not even know what it looked like because her whole left side of her body was blocked by the ray's coming off her left hand. I grabbed some sushi from Harris Teeter and headed off to the movies with six girlfriends to see ....





Um - yeah way to sum up my life in an hour twenty mins...after the movie I headed home and curled up in my comfy bed with my dog. Moving on...



Saturday I woke up early to work out with the trainer and head to work for round two. After getting off of work I promptly drove myself to Total Wine where I purchased one giant size bottle of Pinot and a twelve pack of Michelob Light. (The weight conscious beer.) I arrived home to find the roomie in full summer mode (it was 68 degrees on Saturday and 74 on Sunday!) ... she was making hamburgers! It was lovely. I changed into some comfy clothes and uncorked my bottle of wine. Um so side note - I have not really been drinking lately so after two glasses of wine I was drunk. Sweet - its 8:30pm. Needless to say I was unable to make it out like I had planned because one - I could not dress myself and two - no operating a motor vehicle in my condition. We still had a lovely time just hanging out at home.



Sunday I woke up and started cleaning. Washed all my sheets, comforter, vacuumed, etc. Watched Greys and Private Practice ... was a bad child skipped Church and headed too...

Can we say DELICIOUS?! Yes we sure can. This place is fantastic. I did not even eat breakfast food - I opted for the chicken salad which was amazing. It had blue cheese crumbles and came with heavenly rosemary dusted potatoes wedges. (Don't worry I had a biscuit too - super fantastic with apple butter.) Not only is the food great but the atmosphere is wonderful. Following this great meal the roomie and I headed over to look at townhouses that she is thinking about purchasing. Super cute and in a great location...so lets keep our fingers cross! We then picked up Ms Lucy and headed over to a local field to play flag football with our neighbors. Lucy had a ball - she played for both teams. She would even line up with everyone and then take off running when the ball was thrown.

Now I am sitting here trying to get my butt motivated to study for my next exam on Tuesday. I have to complete a full body assessment on my lab partner. Thankfully I love my lab partner and she has great hygiene because I will be getting all up close and personal.

3 comments:

C + O said...

i miss you! i'll try to call this week - after your exam. xo

Barefoot in the Park said...

what fun. i loved tobacco road too!

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

During my many trips to N.C. I was SHOCKED that people could smoke in restaurants! I about fell over when the hostess asked us if we wanted smoking or non! You can't smoke in ANY restaurant in FL.

I was also surprised that all of the restaurants displayed their "grade" or whatever it's called.