Monday, February 2, 2009

Stressing Out

I am starting realize that perhaps I am bit stressed out...and by a bit I mean a lot. Nursing School is in full swing and this is not some undergrad walk in the park - now do not get all bent out of shape and think that I'm saying undergrad was easy. We all pulled an all-nighter and stressed about making the grades, etc. HOWEVER I always saw the silver lining while taking Inorganic Chemistry and Physics because I would not have to use these things for my job on a daily basis. No patient is going to ask me to recite the alkaline metals - you get where I am going? Right now I am in job training for the next 24 months for my life career. For some reason when you put it like that it gets me in a tizzy. I want to excel at my job - I do not want to be some half-ass nurse who does you a disservice. This is your life and that should be taken seriously. With this being said - I do not want to just breeze through this material and forget it the moment I am tested. Retaining is just as important. Therefore studying has taken over my life and I feel as though I am just no fun to be around. I can not talk about anything except nursing stuff and even when I do I feel as though no one will understand what I am talking about nor will they want to listen to how I now know how to palpate your abdomen or test for blood in your urine. (yah see you just cringed) If just a month in I am feeling a disconnection from my friends - Lord help me 12 months down the road.
With all this being said - I love school. I love being there, I love learning, and I love hanging out with my nursing school buddies. The friends I have made are really wonderful and are my saving grace as of right now (and that big ol bottle of chardonnay in my frig...). I know that in the grand scheme of things this is short term - I just do not want to loose touch with my friends. I feel like I can not give them the attention/time they deserve then I should not even try. Bad attitude I know. I need a crash course on how to make more hours in a day.

2 comments:

Barefoot in the Park said...

2 words: Tulsi Tea

I'm not even kidding. its awesome.

good luck with everything!!

Magnolias & Juleps said...

another 2 words: Study budy

and don't worry, we don't stop loving you because you're becoming a dork :) i feel ya! anytime, anywhere, i love me some starbucks studying.. oooh, or panera.. ya, panera