Sunday, March 1, 2009
Money
Isn't that on everyones' mind these days? Money ... money ... money. Since starting school I have been trying to be careful about budgeting and watching how much spend. However, I have never been very good about it. I mean I have X amount of dollars that will keep me afloat for X amount of months but of course considering gas, rent, living, etc. can make your head spin. I picked up a part-time job pack in the fall, however they had to close one of the stores causing everyones' hours to go down the sink. I had been using the money from the part-time job as my fun money - but when you get put on the schedule for 4 days in the whole month that is not much fun money. I should be grateful that I have a job and expressed that to my manager who was very apologetic about the whole situation. HOWEVER I need help on learning how to stretch a dollar. Anyone have some suggestions? Does buying the Sunday paper and clipping coupons really make a difference? How do you prioritize - especially when spring is around the corner and concerts and fun spring dresses are knocking on your door? Help friends - because I'm freaking out and Goose informed me she has no desire to even look for a job. Something about not having opposable thumbs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
im a coupon clipper extroidinairre. you just have to make sure you don't fall into the trap of "well i'll try that since i have a coupon," and end up spending more!
i think we should get our dogs to get jobs ... that makes the most sense to me ;)
coupons do help! as barefoot said (since she's my inspiration and the reason I do coupons), just don't get caught in the trap of "ooh, that looks fun". Sometimes you can find coupons online, so if there is something you always buy (besides milk, etc), sometimes they'll have them randomly online. sounds weird, but true! and well, Tookie's used to be my fun money, and I felt like I never did anything fun because I was always working! But now that I'm not working, I have tons of time to have fun, but no money to do it with!! DAMN!
Yes--I agree. I was never a big coupon clipper because I feel like it encourages me to buy things (and specifically brand name things) I wouldn't normally buy. But now I try to keep an eye out for brand name things we do buy (like smart balance peanut butter, land o' lakes half and half) or use coupons and sales to stock up on stuff like razors and toothpaste. And if I know we need something or are buying something, I will check on line for a coupon. We got Scrabble for $6 at Target on day because I found a Hasbro coupon online before we went to the store to get it. Some online coupons only let you print them out once or twice on your computer so I get my co-workers to print out extra copies of things for me :P I probably should've just written my own post about coupons instead of leaving this ginormous comment...
PS--I saw your comment about the half marathon! hooray! I'm running that one too! Have you looked into hotels and such yet?
Post a Comment