I'm out with M&J, RW&P, and Declare at one of our favorite local bars. This night it happens to be a bit crowded - but whatever because are headed to our other favorite dancing bar in a little bit anyways. None the less we all have the attitude - we are out to have a fantastic evening! SO - I go up to the bar to order myself another beer when I run into this guy who is wearing a fishing shirt in a bar. Me being who I am say "Oh I love the shirt! Those are great shirts for fly fishing because of all the vents!" He looks at me like "What has this girl just said to me?" and then asks me to dance. So we start dancing... whatever I like to shag to beach music and it seemed harmless enough. We exchange names and his last name is the same as in he is the same as one of the most prominent public schools in the area. Ohh okay. Over the course of the evening I find out his grand father invented Mountain Dew - seriously - I'm like this must be a joke. He has over 4 million dollars in invested in real estate in various parts of the state. Um his mom lives on one the best lakes in the state and his dad has a beach house. I'm like well damn - this could be good. So I give him my number.....
We chat the next day on the phone and its like talking to an ADD 5 year old but I still agree to go out on a date. I'm such a damn push-over. We agree to go to dinner at 7 - he doesn't show up till 7:30. Now I'm hungry and have only a glass of wine in my tummy so I mean honestly there is no filter on this one.
Now we get to dinner - this is where is starts getting good.
He tells me how he had to sell his truck to pay his lawyer ... his lawyer - um for what? Oh well my last DUI - Your last DUI? Well yes - this last one was my fourth - in the past year and half. OH MY DEAR LORD AND I DROVE IN A CAR WITH THIS INDIVIDUAL?! Somehow I manage not to spit my drink out of mouth and across the table and asked I think in a calm fashion - How do you still have a license? Oh well they are pending. Oh well in that case .... um no! We finished up dinner - me thinking the whole time I'm going to die on the way home. We get into his car and he then informs me he is taking me to the Rose Garden. Buddy seriously all I want to do is go home - but apparently where he is from that means I do want to go. Plus I hate roses - sorry but I do. So we go.. I'm now thinking I'm going to die in the Rose Garden. This does not happen either. We are finally back in the car on the way home - or so I think - when he informs me we are going to "swing by his house" so he can pick up his dog to take me home. WHAT?! Not necessary - oh but we are right here! I stay in the car and out comes his dog who hops up into the Jeep. I get home - in one piece - say my goodnight - tell him firmly to stay where he is and NOT walk me to the door - and high tail it into the house.
Since this time he has called me multiple times during the day and I have yet to return a phone call. Seriously buddy - leave me alone.
Another thing - this is why one does not talk to strangers - lesson learned.

2 comments:
oh dear. 1st off I wonder if he was telling the truth? i know who invented mt. dew (they are from lumberton near hometown) ... and i'm pretty sure the names don't match any school here!
so glad you made it out alive!!
Oh my gosh! I watched so many Law & Order: SVU's that I would have been freaking out the whole trip home! I'm glad everything worked out okay! Lesson learned!
Post a Comment