Sunday, July 5, 2009

Catch up!










Whoo-wee life has been busy and blogging has taken the back seat ... however have no fear I fully intend on catching y'all up on Pav's happenings.  

Let's see here ... last weekend Allison came into town and we got right down to business with bonding with nature.  Saturday afternoon we drove up to Frisco, CO (it's in Summit County - ie Breckenridge, Keystone, etc.) and kayaked on Lake Dillon.  First time ever kayaking and so much fun!  

Allison and I - clearly we are champion kayakers 

Christine & Robin (Allison's sister) who joined us on our most excellent adventure 

We finished up the day at the Marina listening to a local band play golden oldie favorites and sipping on some New Belgium beers.  Perhaps y'all can understand why I love this state! 

Sunday morning I was up nice and early (5:30!) to get ready for some wake boarding at the Boulder Reservoir.  Now I have been wake boarding many a time - however I think I may have gotten up for um 2.4 seconds before being dragged head first through the water.  Needless to say I was bit skeptical of going and being successful.  

But I did it!! 
I was so excited when I got up - I screamed and let go.  However I was able to get up again and hang for awhile.  I was so proud of myself and my apparent skills - haha. 

Monday morning Allison and I headed up to Estes Park for some sight seeing and hiking.  Gorgeous gorgeous place - highly recommend going.  

Is that not an unreal picture?! Allison thinks these are the mountains on Coors cans and I definitely agree, don't y'all? 

We found a waterfall on our hike which I am obsessed so of course I had to have a picture taken. 


Okay well I have a bunch more pictures to put up - which I will do.  However I want to go on a hike because it is a beautiful day. So y'all are just going to have to wait. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I do believe those are the Coors mountains! Thanks for sharing the FABULOUS pics for those stuck inside working ;-)