Sunday, July 12, 2009

That's how I roll


My days are cruising on by here and there have been many "Oh shoot! You have to do this before you leave!" moments.  Which is how the roomie Megs and I ended up on the Boulder Cruiser Ride.  This ride has been going on for over 15 years and happens every Thursday. Here are the rules for the cruiser ride. 

The Ride Guide
To have fun and to be nice to everyone...
To ring thy bell, To wish everyone well...
To sing, to dance, to make merry,
To not bring more than I can carry...
To leave no trace, to Cruise and not to race...
To ride in control and not be a troll...
To stay to the right and to ride with a light...

And of course to say... "Have a Happy Thursday!" 

Now what is even better about these cruiser rides is that they have themes.  Let's see past themes have been - Pirates, Gender Blender, 80's, and this past week - Industrial Wrap. 
See picture below: 

I would like for you to notice how Megs headband is made out of turquoise duct tape and I have sash made out of bubble wrap - I later added on Miss NC to the sash - it was hot.  Also please note the PBR Light Im holding - light on the budget and your waistline.  Just keepin' it classy out here.  
At this fantastic bike ride there are people of all ages and probably about 300 people that ended up coming out for the cruiser ride.  We ended up riding our bikes about 15 miles over the course of the evening (walking was an issue on Friday).  We all met in this huge field and proceeded to ride all over Boulder and I mean all over Boulder.  It was awesome.  Ahh let me take this time to show y'all my pony. 

Im too lazy right now to actually upload a pic of mine however mine looks very similar and it is a three speed. None the less Nancy (that is my bike's name) took me all over Boulder with ease.  I love her.  

No comments: