Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

I heard this song today and for some reason the tears just welled up in my eyes...its the version by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. I don't know why but this song just takes me to a place where the hurt is gone, anything is possible, and my heart and mind are at peace.



Someday I'll wish upon a star,
Wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where trouble melts like lemon drops
High above the chimney top
that's where you'll find me
Oh, Somewhere over the rainbow way up high
And the dream that you dare to, why, oh why can't I?

2 comments:

Magnolias & Juleps said...

is it the sort of hawaian version? it completely gets me too.. i know exactly what you're talking about..

see you tonight!

xoxo

Well I Do Declare said...

I love that version! It is on the Meet Joe Black soundtrack! Definitely a good one :)