Monday, September 8, 2008

Danny Boy


Danny was my horse for five awesome years. We bought him my Junior Year of high school and I kept him up until my senior year. We competed in the hunter division all over the state of North Carolina and even traveled to Tennessee. I started in the Children's Hunters and we went stayed together in the Adult Division. I loved loved loved that horse. If you could have a soul mate in an animal - Danny would be mine. I swear that horse knew what I was thinking and I felt the same about him. I cried for a month after we sold him and felt like a part of me was taken away. I felt like I had lost my identity. What was I to do after classes and on the weekends if I didnt have to hurry out to the barn?



I found out this evening that Danny has passed away. Thankfully he went quickly and was not in much pain. I dont know what else to say about him except he was always the gentleman. In the time we spent together (which was alot over those five years) he always took care of me and helped me grow so much. So here is to my Danny Boy... rest in peace.






1 comment:

Magnolias & Juleps said...

i'm so sorry sweet... i know how you loved him.. xoxo