Hello Everyone!
Here is nice rundown of this weekend ...
Friday afternoon I was greeted by a lovely mixed drink that my roomie made for me. Now Im not really one to start drinking as soon as I get off of work but hey it was 5:00 and every once in awhile I say - Why not?
We proceeded to go to the Mellow Mushroom where I met up with Ms B, Magnolias and Juleps, and the neighbors. The group split up after dinner and the roommate and I headed out for some karaoke. I know, I know - seriously? But let me tell you what I had a blast. Knowing first off I would never see those people again and two just letting go of insecurities and getting up there and singing was the greatest. I sang "Twist and Shout" a old favorite of mine from Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
Saturday morning I went and worked out with the personal trainer for 3 hours - yes thats right 3 hours. I was exhausted when I got home but I am improving so much! It is rewarding to finally start seeing a difference (small as it might be). I did a little shopping that afternoon in Cameron Village (bought a fantastic dress for a steal!). That evening the roomie and I headed downtown to participate in Light the Night. What is Light the Night you might ask well ...
For the ninth year, Light The Night will return to the Bicentennial Plaza in the heart of downtown Raleigh on Saturday, Sept. 13, 2008. Cancer survivors and supporters will carry illuminated balloons through historic downtown Raleigh as they walk to further the Society's mission to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
After walking two miles (how we did that after 3 hour workout Im not sure) we came home and got ready to go out. We ended up at the Point with Ms B and great friend of mine B.T. I have not seen him since junior year of college so we had some catching up to do. Needless to say we were there till the bar closed!
Sunday I went to church ...Im trying to find a permanent church home that is close to where I live. Following church I went on a lunch date and came home to relax. The roommate and I made a fantastic homemade dinner - turkey loaf and mashed potatoes. We were joined by one of our neighbors who just got back in town from Wake Forest.
Okay off to bed for me - I have to be at the hospital at 6:30 in the morning because I get to scrub in for surgeries all day! Who is excited - oh yes thats me! Getting paid to watch surgery all day equals one happy Pav. :)
Here's a picture of me and the roomie from Light the Night:


1 comment:
So proud of you for working out for 3 HOURS!! Amazing! Glad you had such an awesome weekend :)
Miss you!!!
xoxo
al
Post a Comment